Tuesday 4 December 2007

Day 194 – It’s been a good day…

It’s been a good day both on the emotional front and on the lap band front. Food has been great and everything stayed down. Woohoo! You can’t ask for more can you?

I’ve been thinking a lot about Alister and the fact that as much as he is a wonderful human being to others he thrives on making my life a misery by treating me like shit. I realize that I am in control of this. I have unconsciously or maybe even subconsciously allowed him to do this so now I need to turn it around and throw this bullshit back into his face and calmly walk away. He enjoys razzing me up and I allow it.

What’s ironic is that I am usually so POW in your face and screaming about injustices yet with him I sit here and blink, scratch my head in disbelief and then stew in anger. No more. No, no more. For my health and sanity I say it here I am walking away and for the first time I am not going to look back.

I had dinner at my parents and then raced home and called Bee. We are trying to hook up a time to catch up before Xmas but we are both so frightfully busy. Tonight is my only night off and my only night of being at home and chilling out.

Bee and I spoke for a while on the phone and had an amazing chat. I have to say how lovely it is, and I know I am repeating myself as I have said that a million times before, but I cant believe how much I enjoy comparing the lap band with Bee and also we get into these rather deep, deep conversations, psychoanalyzing situations, events, people and each other. I love deep convos like this. Each and every conversation I have with Bee I hang up and have a million gazillion thoughts, ideas, views, and opinions running around in my little brain.

I then relaxed into the sofa when Sexy T rang up and made me feel good about myself. He made me laugh so much as he recalled some very funny moments that we shared in the past. The funniest one was both T and I have always been caffeine freaks. The stronger the hit the better. So one day T asked me to walk across the road from our then work place to a fancy shmansy restaurant and go and order us strong lattés. T handed me the money and I came back with the lattés and all the money. The barista told me it was on the house (we were regulars at his particular restaurant so he knew who we were). We decided that we would get take away coffees from this restaurant every day after lunch and the goal was to see what we could get for free. Stealing was considered a for “free”. To cut a very long and boring story short T and I had he giggles so bad tonight. Just before we kissed each other via the phone line (you know what I mean right? we both went mwah down the phone) T said that he was glad to hear that I was laughing. I don’t know dead set what I would do if I didn’t have this wonderful man in my life.

In a nutshell my evening has been one of catching up with friends and family whether it be via email or telephone.

That’s the juice for the day.

Reney

No comments: