Monday 3 December 2007

Day 193 – 2 Nights in Paris.


Pic from the movie: 2 Nights in Paris

I had a night filled with tossing and turning and just sheer agro. Sleep came I reckon at about 3am and I had a vivid dream that consisted of me marrying Mika and I was dressed in a hot pink tux and Mika in a grey tux and we ran around the church holding hands and there was just color everywhere. Fucking nuts.

The alarm went off at 6.30 and I surprisingly just got up switched the coffee machine on and went into “get ready for work mode”. Work was good but I was in the shits once again and in my own world. I did my job and sulked at the same time.

It was nice to see my friends and family rally around me and help cheer me up and make me see “the light”. None more special than Maree who sent me funny emails, my mum who continuously rang me to tell me I was a beautiful woman and I needed to concentrate on the path that I am on and then my soul mate T who kept sending me rude and funny sms messages and getting secret phone calls from T who kept ringing to check up on me and tell me that I was a goddess. And of course my bestie V who took me to the movies this evening. Ahhh shucks I felt special.

Straight after work tonight my bestie V and I went to the movies to a special pre-release screening of a movie called 2 nights in Paris. Which starred Julie Delphy who also wrote and directed the film. Fucking awesome movie and had some really funny scenes. There was one scene that had V and I screaming from laughter and making the people in front of us turn around and just stare at us. We were in fits of laughter. We saw it at The Rivoli in Camberwell and it was a gorgeous cinema…very 1920’s feel about it.

After the movie we went off to dinner and hung around chatting it was nice that my dear friend realized I really needed cheering up and it was nice that she wasn’t harassing me about how I was feeling, whether I was ok and all that shit. As we were leaving the restaurant I bumped into an old friend Stuart and his significant other Ronald. Stuart said I was looking great and I have to say this was just another ego boost that I needed to hear. I could have stood there all night yakking away with these two. What is it with gay men and me?

It was a great night yet my bed awaits. Thanks to all of you for your help, advice and support. It means the world to me.

Tomorrow is a NEW day and one that wont have we wallowing in my own self pity.

Big hugs and love

Reney

No comments: