Thursday 29 November 2007

Day 189 - Michael Hutchence visits me in my dreams.





Yes it sounds crazy but I have had dreams where Michael Hutchence is a regular visitor. I’ve always said and believed that Michael Hutchence is my guardian angel. Are you guys pissing yourselves laughing right about now?

My obsession with Michael Hutchence started I dunno about 20 years ago. I remember having his picture stuck all inside my school locker and day dreaming during math’s class that he was going to come to my high school and he was going to pull me up on stage and I was going to be a back up singer in INXS. How fucked was I?

I was never really an INXS fan as such, as my taste in music has always been a tad to the left of centre. But I remember seeing him play the lead character in an AWESOME (and one of my fav movies) Dogs in Space and my tongue hit the floor and I went YES this is what its all about. Quick synopsis about the movie Dogs in Space. It’s a film set in 1978 Richmond Melbourne (and YES I have even tracked down the actual house where it was filmed!) where a collection of social misfits live togethor. Michael’s character Sam is a musician who has a rather strange relationship with his girl, with his music and with their drug use.

I remember wagging high school with my then best school friend DL and watching it at the movies. We did this for 4 days straight. The movie was made in 1987 and I still have this need and desire to watch it at east 4-5 times per year. DL and I were so obsessed with this movie that we used to recite the ENTIRE movie word for word. Fucking hell we were obsessed!

So ever since about 1995 Michael Hutchence has always come to me in my dreams and doesn’t ever speak to me but just gives me an evil grin, or he winks at me or nods at me. Last night though he spoke to me. I dreamt that I was at a dinner party and I knew nobody there and then all of a sudden Michael appeared by my side and leant down towards me to kiss my cheek as he withdrew his kiss he says “Don’t eat the clam chowder if you do your left ear lobe and right arse cheek will become red and inflamed” and with that I awoke feeling sooo fucking confused.

Come back Michael!! Come back I don’t understand what you meant!!!

I still cannot believe that Michael has been gone for 10 years.

Anyways, theres not much else to report. I just thought I might let you all into my head for a bit and see the other side of me. Hope you had a laugh!

Reney

2 comments:

Tee said...

Hun,

You are so funny.
Your obsession with Michael has to the the funniest thing to witness. I remember you asking yourself out aloud once what would Michael do in this situation.

If anyone was to say that you have lost your sense of humour direct them my way. I have a lot of stories to tell.

You are beautiful!

T.

Anonymous said...

Reney,

How beautiful was Michael? I remember your obsession well but why didnt you mention that you used to have a picture of Michael at your work desk at your last work place?

Tee! we need more storys!

Love to you both
Leah.B