Monday 19 November 2007

Day 179 - Bra Boys - YOU MUST SEE THIS!!!




What a scorcher in Melbourne!!! Man it’s hot. Fucking hot. But funnily enough I am coping with the heat so much better than the pre-banded days.

Let me back track to last night…so ManBoy came around and we sat on the sofa, all three of us. Three of us being, ManBoy, Elvis in his lap and me (not in his lap but by his side). We watched an amazing docofilm called Bra Boys.

People please, please, please rent this movie, buy this movie, see this movie. It is awesome. Have seen it 5 times already and I definitely need to see it a few more times before I have to hand it back to SuzieQ. Okay a quick synopsis of the movie. True story based on 4 brothers- Sunny, Koby, Jai and Dakota Abberton. The brothers are part of “notorious” Sydney gang called the Bra Boys, who hail from the beach suburb of Maroubra. For the most part, their lives have been tainted by bad press, with the trio and their tribe grabbing headlines for all the wrong reasons - including an incident in 2002 where group members engaged in a brawl with a group of off-duty police officers. The boys detail their life growing up in a housing commission flat in Maroubra with their heroin-addicted mother. Basically the surf became their escape from the negative world of drugs, violence and poverty. Awesome and captivating doco.

So back to last night, I had bought some fruit from Prahran Market yesterday to attempt to eat fruit only. I aim to eat nothing but fresh fruit, vegetables and nuts and cut out all dairy (semi-Vegan – just milk for my lattes hee hee) anyway, I bought the hughest strawberries I have ever seen and no they were not genetically modified, as they were tasty, flavoursome and fresh. I lay on the sofa whilst ManBoy decided to prepare his famous yoghurt dip and fruit. I took 2 bites of my strawberry and it fucking got stuck.

I excused myself and walked to the toilet and made those vile retch noises. 15 minutes later ManBoy pushed my toilet door open and I know I scared the shit out of ManBoy and all he could say whilst he rubbed my back was “This is why I never wanted to do medicine” I don’t like being touched at the best of times but I wanted to spin my head like I was the exorcist and scream FUCK OFF MOTHERFUCKER but the pain was too intense and I guess it was nice him handing me a hot face washer to wipe my face down. You know if a guy can rub your back whilst you are spewing and see what you look like when you are crying and have spew, snot and tears everywhere then you know you are on a good wicket. (A quick shout out to Bee – SHUDDUP and you know why)

Took me close to 1 hour to eventually hurl the piece of strawberry out. Intermission over we went back to the sofa and watched the continuation of the movie. I know I must have scared him as I kept noticing ManBoy do the side glance towards me every so often.

At the end of the night he said “Reans I support you in whatever you do as I really care about you but are you sure you have made the right decision with this lap band? Is this right to be in so much pain?” This is not the first time I have been asked this. My mum, my dad, my brother, Tee, my work colleagues have all at one point in time asked me the same question and my usual response was YES!! And I would get mighty cross every time people asked me this. Last night though, I hate to say this but I wished I didn’t have it in me.


Yeah, yeah, I know blasphemous right? But I am struggling at the moment. I eat so slowly, I chew chew chew thoroughly but guys it was a fucking strawberry for Gods sake with yogurt!!! I am frustrated and I am ohhh so tired of spewing.

Anyways…today is another day and I have been on nothing but liquids all day long. I am cool with this, as it doesn’t really bother me. I shot an angry email to Mr. Not so Wonderful Surgeon explaining my exasperation and I am yet to hear from him. GRRRR. I know he will contact me as he always does but again do I have to get to this point. This point of GRRRRdom. Anyway things can only get better.

I got to bed at 2am and feel into a deep, deep sleep. I woke up at 6am in the shittiest of shittiest moods and went to work. I managed ½ a coffee for breakfast, and OptiSpew shake for lunch, a few pieces of shredded pineapple for afternoon tea and some soup for dinner.

Tell me people have I made the right decision having this lap band?



Reney

4 comments:

Mel said...

Reney, you have made the right decision for the lapband :) Think of all the positives instead of the negatives. I have been wondering the same thing lately, with everything going on im thinking its cos i have lost weight? who knows, but then i think of the good things that have came out of it, like 14 kilos gone, that WONT come back! self confidence is here again! YAY! Im sure you have some good things to, acutally i know you do :)

Mel.!

Reney said...

Mel,


Thanks mate you are a real sweetheart!!!


Reney

Tee said...

Hun,

Pwoah!!! Who is the dude with the tatt around his neck? He is HOT!

Post me the movie I have got to watch him.

Tee

Reney said...

Babes,

google him: KOBY ABBERTON
he is definetly a hubba hubba case not a purr meow.

I will post movie when Im done watching it. I have watched it now 12 times. I can recite the first few minutes of the doco!!!

R